41 St. Stephen’s Green is a significant and rare early house built in 1775. Many of its original features are intact. Modern interventions were removed to reinstate original reception and drawing rooms to create a private member’s club in a Georgian townhouse setting..A new contemporary two storey addition to the rear provided commercial kitchens, toilets and circulation routes to serve the reception and dining rooms in the form of black zinc box with contrasting reglit glazing and timber cladding. The addition forms a backdrop to the courtyard garden and terraces.
The project included refurbishment works and extension to a four-storey over basement listed building located in a prominent location in Dublin city centre.
The building was converted from office use to an exclusive members club. The total floor area of the building is approximately 950 sqm. The strategy proposed for the building took into account the limitations imposed by the conservation rules.
AFEC International provided an integrated Architecture and Engineering service offering in this listed building. The building was also provided with a a high pressure water mist system was provided in selected areas of the building to compensate for the non-compliance of the building regulations.
This project was successfully completed for Stokes Brothers and is a very popular venue in Dublin city today.